Here I am beavering away with Sam Costello's latest yarn and he sends me an email about Split Lip finding an American publisher.
SPLIT LIP HORROR WEBCOMIC IN PRINT FOR THE FIRST TIME
April 28, 2009 – Providence, RI – Split Lip, the work called “the predominant original horror comic work on the Internet” by The Horror Blog, is now available in print in the United States for the first time.
Split Lip Volume 1, a 158-page trade paperback collecting 11 horror comics, is available now at http://www.splitlipcomic.com/slc-store.html
Split Lip debuted in Oct. 2006 and has published 24 stories – over 275 pages of free comics – at www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip. Each story is written by Sam Costello and drawn by artists from all over the world, including Sami Makkonen (Blue, Deadworld: Slaughterhouse), John Bivens (Comic Book Tattoo), and Jason Ho (Agnes Quill).
Split Lip Volume 1 features the work of Makkonen, Bivens, and nine other cartoonists from the U.S., UK, Latin America, and Europe and has been described as "very well-done, very professional ... each story packs a punch" by Comics Should Be Good.
Below is the contents and as you can see I'm in it with Straw men.
Contains the following stories:
- Straw Men, by Sam Costello and Gary Crutchley
- Headin' South, by Sam Costello and Kyle Strahm
- Not Sleeping Well, by Sam Costello and Ayhan Hayrula
- The Consequences of a Little Alone Time, by Sam Costello and Diego Candia
- The Executioner is a Lonely Man, by Sam Costello and Brian A. Laframboise
- Fish Drink, by Sam Costello and Iain Laurie
- The Tree of Remembrance, by Sam Costello and Nelson Evergreen
- School Supplies, by Sam Costello and Brian McGleenon
- The Railroad Boy, by Sam Costello and Felipe Sobreiro
- Mujer, by Sam Costello and Sami Makkonen
- Fitcher's Bird, by Sam Costello and John Bivens